ActiveReports for .NET
The award-winning .NET reporting tool for Silverlight, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, and Windows Azure provides Microsoft .NET developers with familiar Visual Studio integrated designers and components, as well as an extensive API.
Create reports ranging in functionality from form-based reports such as invoices and insurance documents, to transaction reports such as sales and accounting, to analytical reports such as sales and budget analysis and portfolio analysis.
ActiveReports includes a Report Wizard that steps you through creating simple reports without writing any code. The wizard is integrated into the Visual Basic environment as an add-in module.
Fast .NET Reporting Engine
- ActiveReports 7 is optimized for speed. Its unique architecture allows the lean reporting engine to quickly read records from the data source and immediately render them to the output device.
- The simplicity of the design allows the data to pass through quickly from processing to rendering.
Multiple Report Types To Fit Your Reporting Needs
- Fixed Page Layout gives developers a new way of creating reports where layout is the primary focus. Great for creating invoices, prospectus reports, forms, or other highly structured reports.
- Continuous Page Layout makes it easy to create reports using tables, crosstabs, charts, and other data regions with flexible layouts.
- Section Reports follow the tradition of previous ActiveReports versions and are similar to Access reports. Using code-behind or scripts, you can respond to the various events that occur while the report generates to create extremely customized reports that are hard to produce with other products.
Cross Platform Support
- ActiveReports 7 offers versatile viewers to extend the reach of your reports to every platform. Built-in report viewers include Windows Forms, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, and a rich HTML viewer, all with built-in search functions, hyperlink interaction, a table of contents, and multi-page zoom view support.
- ActiveReports includes Adobe PDF export with advanced encryption and international font support, Microsoft Excel export, and Rich Text Format (RTF) export. The extensive API allows fine control over the exported documents and their properties. The ActiveReports reporting engine supports cloud computing on Microsoft's Windows Azure platform under partial trust as well as full trust.
Data Visualization and Layout
- Whether you need a simple listing or groups with keep-together control, master-detail reports, sub-reports, horizontal and vertical multi-column reports, address labels and badges, or richly formatted letters with mail merge support, ActiveReports is the solution.
- Simple and lightweight report controls allow you to easily create dazzling reports. With a selection including textbox, checkbox, line, shape, cross-section box, image, formatted text with mail merge, barcode (2D and 3D), chart, and other data visualization controls, they support a wide range of business reports. You can create reports of any size with nearly endless layout options.